Home Contents Insurance Plan Premiums
Home Contents Insurance is, as mentioned elsewhere on this site, designed to protect your household possessions against loss, theft, or accidental damage.
When calculating the premium of your Home Contents insurance policy Hong Kong insurance companies will typically look at the following variables:
- Your home address
- The size of the property in Square Feet
- The year the property was built
- The total monetary value of your household contents in the event of total loss
- A description and value for all items to be covered on an individual/named basis under the policy (watches, jewellery, artwork, precious metals and stones, musical instruments, etc.)
- A description and value for items to be covered outside of the home on a worldwide basis
- Details of any previous losses or claims history under a Home Insurance Policy in Hong Kong
When requesting a Home Contents insurance Quote it is important that you supply all the relevant information as accurately as possible. Providing incomplete information, or not providing the information under a certain field (such as the size of your home) may lead to a quotation which is not accurate for your Home Contents policy.